I have been talking a lot about Facebook recently and you may be getting sick of hearing it but it is the ultimate business builder. You do not need a website, a lead capture page, an autoresponder or any other fancy online tool (As you get more experienced I do recommend many of these but for now don’t worry if you do not know what they are).
With your personal profile, you can connect with people all over the world. You can turn 1 billion + people into your warm market. What would that do for your business? With about 30 minutes a day (which is also the average time people spend browsing their status updates) you could be creating relationships and networks.
But Lindsay – how do I start, what do I say, how do I pitch my business? All good questions, but
I want you to step back and look at your personal profile. This is lesson #1.
Many people are making huge mistakes on their profile that are no helping you or your business. I know you may be thinking, but my personal profile is not about my business. It is personal, for my friends and family. I understand that however people are watching you and they will look at your profile and decide right then and there if they would consider working with you, networking with you and becoming your friend.
Ok so a few very important points:
1. A clear picture of who you are (no pictures of kids, dogs or landscape) – you need to be a real person.
2. A banner picture (my husband and I at the beach) that is fun, shows lifestyle and personality
3. In my About Section – for those with a Fan Page “Teaching Success Online with Lindsay Hack” is a quick connection to my Fan Page.
4. Branding — Only Me! Nothing about my company – create some interest.
5. Photos – event photos, big leaders, fun events (not drunken half-naked pub night photos)
6. Be Yourself!! Do not pretend – it is exhausting! Be a little edgy, have fun, enjoy but be respectful. I am who am I with you as I am with my best friend. Honest, no BS, straight to the point, a little sarcastic and goofy. That makes more sense then trying to be something you are not.
Also – make sure you have your contact details in the ABOUT section. You email and phone number. You want to be reached if someone wants to connect with you.
I will continue with Lesson #2 tomorrow and talk a little about posting etiquette. I will talk about Fan Pages as well but for now we are sticking with your personal page.
If you found this helpful, please like and share. Don’t miss the next lesson, Be sure to follow this blog and send me an email if you want to get on my newsletter where you learn more tips and tricks to grow your business both online and offline.
To Your Success,
“Helping you stay at home while making a living”.
Lindsay Hack – Text or call me at 416-994-2372
PS: We Mastermind with people all over the World! Check out my VIP, invite-only Vacation Club!